Skip to main content

Hodge-Podge Week

First ribbons since...middle school?
Last week was a hodge-podge kind of week:

  1. Coming back from a charette in St. Louis.
  2. Last Sunday was my first test run on roads since injury.
  3. First week of getting back on track with training.
  4. Office moving.
  5. Back to Girls on the Run after missing for a week.
  6. Saw Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy. Great movie, one that leaves you thinking about it for the next couple days.
  7. Worked remotely for half the week since the last permit of our new office is still pending.
  8. Last week before Coach Patty retires. Sadness looming.
  9. Swim meet on Saturday - I came in last in all three events (200 Free, 500 Free, and 100 IM). But I did put in faster times than in my previous meets. It gives me some goals to work towards before next month's Nationals.
  10. Failed to drink nothing but water during the week. I couldn't resist the opportunity to work from a coffee shop, and one thing led to another...
  11. The change of environment spurs creativity...but it's not necessarily work-related.
  12. Loves how He speaks while I do one of my favorite things - running.
  13. Being reminded at church today to not be complacent. It's always been my prayer that God will use and send me wherever He see fits and I'm almost too afraid to pray that prayer now for the comfort I'm in - physically, emotionally, and socially. 
  14. Also at church today, we sang Chris Tomlin's Indescribable and I loved the lyrics:
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same
You are amazing God

Over ten days of the Lenten season has passed. I hope I won't let it slip by.

Comments

  1. Congrats on improving your swim times! And I'm glad you are able to get back at your running. :)

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Highlands Sky

I probably wouldn't admit how stressed I was the whole week leading up to Highlands Sky 40. Now that it's over, I realized I was partly in denial and partly rationalizing it as healthy nervousness. A 40-mile race is long for me. It's technical. And I pulled my lat muscle carrying a handheld bottle a week before the race. I am out of my comfort zone. At the start As everything in this world that is governed by time, the race is bound to happen like an unstoppable incoming train. A line from Bridges of Spies came to mind the evening before the race. When his lawyer James Donovan observes the alleged Russian Spy Rudolf Abel doesn't seem a bit nervous about his pending trial, he asks him about it and to which Abel responds: "Is it going to help?" Of the many things that I am concerned about the race, weather isn't one of them. We start the race in cool mountain temperature and I find myself nestle in the crowd, just going with the flow. There are dist...

WV Trilogy - Part 2

(If you haven't read Part 1, it's here .) (Sat) Oct 13 -  Sunrise at Spruce Knob 6 a.m. start in the dark. My legs surprised me by being happier than yesterday. My heart is in better place as well. The first 6.7 mile goes up to Spruce Knob, the highest point in West Virginia. Part of this section was on fire road and I welcomed the faster miles. Steady progress was made in the first 20 miles or so until the long, long descent into Aid Station 3. As I have decided yesterday, I'd start the race, go from aid station to aid station, and re-evaluate my condition at each. I left Aid station 2 feeling good but then the long descent once again put doubts in my mind. Running reduced to little steps on jello-legs. Compression socks helped to contain the injury and pain, but the strength to support the pounding was still lacking. Soon, my knees started to hurt as well. At aid station 3, they told me I had 2:45 to make it to the next aid station before the cut-off. At the pace I...

Georgia Jewel Weekend

My last-minute decision to run the Georgia Jewel 35-miler last weekend turns out to be a good one. A group of friends had made plans and arrangements to go, running all distances: 35, 50, and 100! Everything was in place, I couldn't pass up the fun to run with old friends and meet new ones, and see Sully running a difficult 100! A storm was passing through on Saturday and it was torrential downpour from the start at 5 a.m.! The first 10 miles through the "rock garden" was difficult for me. It was hard to see through the heavy rain and fog in the dark with my glasses and crappy headlamp (Lesson learned: I'm investing in a better headlamp - it's worth it). Sky lightened up after the first 10 miles and we also got to run on smoother single-tracks. I was able to pick up my pace a bit and caught up with a few that passed me during the Rock Garden. Unlike the point-to-point 50-miler, the 35-miler was an out-and-back. During the return trip, some sections of the tra...